9 tips for operators: If you are using rooftop solar generators, you need to be protected from a number of eventualities, so that there are no nasty surprises during the period of operation of two or three decades. Because if you economise at the wrong point, you will suffer – eventually.
Solar power is a good thing: inexpensive and long-lasting. In order to benefit from the advantages of this technology for as long as possible, it is important to keep certain points in mind, which are often underestimated. And then there are sad faces in case something happens: If only we had known about it before…
1. Never without lightning protection!
2. Sometimes lightning comes in through the cellar!
3. Quick switch-off in case of fire!
4. Also take solar batteries offline!
5. Do not underestimate lightning and hail!
6. Try to keep wildlife out!
7. Get insurance for both storage units and solar generators!
8. Prefer German components and equipment!
9. Leave the installing to the experts!